Today’s Reading: Malachi 3:1-4:6 / Revelation 22:1-21 / Psalm 150:1-6 / Proverbs 31:25-31
Today my word is BLESSED!
As 2015 comes to a close, I am thankful to look back and eager to look forward. Today marks the last day of reading in The One Year Bible. It also marks the end of the first year that I have read “on the same page” with a group of women. What a BLESSING that has been! The fellowship, encouragement, and accountability that comes from reading together is truly unmatched! If you have never tried this, I encourage you to join me in 2016.
The New Year usually prompts us to think about “life” and how we live it. Yet, I want to look into the Word for my direction, my focus, my plan. Jesus gives us wonderful instruction in Matthew 4:4 when He says, “It is written and forever remains written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes out of the mouth of God.” We are intended to LIVE “by” the Words of God. So, as I ponder what life will hold in the coming year, I need to place His Words in plain view.
As the New Year sits before us, many of us will make “resolutions.” Some will vow to eat healthy. Some will set their hearts to exercise daily. Others will promise to be more positive or control their tongue. Yet, as I think of the coming year, there is NOTHING that can change me more than time spent in His Word. His Word can strengthen me AND humble me. His Word is able to build me and equip me. His Word can mold me and shape me. His Word can prompt me or restrain me. His Word can do FAR MORE than anything else in this world to bring into a place of PEACE.
Time spent in His Word can:
- Strengthen me for the trials I face
- Calm me when I am anxious
- Guide me when I am uncertain
- Teach me when I am off course
- Encourage me when I am sad
- Correct me when I am mistaken
- Fill me when I am empty
- Bless me EVERY DAY!
No RESOLUTION could ever come close to the BLESSING of reading His Word every day. From the beginning to the end, His Word is FULL of all that I need in this life. As the year comes to an end, today’s reading a perfect example of the blessing of daily reading. Look at all of this encouragement found on the two and a half pages that I read this morning:
- Look! I am sending a messenger…. he will PREPARE the way
- He will PURIFY them…REFINING them…
- I AM THE LORD, I DO NOT CHANGE
- Now RETURN to me, and I WILL RETURN TO YOU
- BRING all the tithes, IF you do, I will POUR OUT A BLESSING
- I will GUARD, you will be BLESSED
- Your land will be such a DELIGHT
- And the Lord LISTENED
- They will be MY PEOPLE…. my OWN SPECIAL TREASURE
- You will SEE the DIFFERENCE
- For you who FEAR my Name, His Righteousness will RISE WITH HEALING in His wings
- REMEMBER to OBEY the Law
- On each side of the river grew a TREE OF LIFE
- …for the Lord WILL SHINE on them
- Everything you have HEARD is TRUSTWORTHY
- BLESSED are those who OBEY the WORDS…
- Let anyone who is thirsty COME
- PRAISE Him! Let everything that breathes SING PRAISES to the Lord
- She is….. clothed with strength and dignity, she laughs without fear, she instructs with kindness, she carefully watches…. a woman who FEARS the LORD WILL BE GREATLY PRAISED!
Those are just a few of my notes from today’s reading! NO WHERE ELSE will I get such a BEAUTIFUL start to my day, such rich encouragement to my heart, such strength and promise for my soul! He is the AUTHOR of ALL… don’t MISS the opportunity EACH DAY to read His precious Words! Don’t allow yourself to be discouraged out of this blessing. Just set your heart to simply read. Don’t complicate it. Don’t underestimate it. Don’t miss the chance for BLESSING.
I would LOVE for you to join me as I read through The Bible this year! (Click here to get the One Year Bible Reading plan. Or purchase a One Year Bible of your own here.) Let’s come together, be encouraged and grow together. Let’s BE BLESSED this year by the WORDS of OUR GOD!
My prayer for us today:
Thank You for giving us the gift of Your Word! Help us to see the great wealth of encouragement and blessing and strengthening that is present on the pages. Guide us into time set apart to read and learn this year. Help us to understand that no other thing could benefit us more than time spent in Your Word. Help us to be faithful.
In Your Powerful Name,
© 2015 Debbi Garcia
Let the words of this song encourage you and prompt you.