thank you for stopping by.
I understand the desire to find just the right speaker for your event. As a previous ministry leader, I was responsible for coordinating a wide variety of women’s, parenting, and marriage events. Small or large, the need is the same. Finding dynamic speakers that your tribe can relate to is vital to the success of your ministry.
Like you, I spent a lot of time searching for just the right speaker for the groups I was serving. I am thrilled at the prospect of coming along side of you as you minister to God’s sweet daughters. I hope this page makes it easier for you to make a decision that will be benefit your group.
At a glance:
This page will give you a good idea of what I’m all about as well as what you can expect if you book me for your upcoming event. Just click on the links below or scroll down to get all the info you need.
If you want to check my availability or have questions, click here:
my most popular topics:
I speak on topics the focus on faith, marriage and family. You can expect a solid Biblical foundation for any of the topics listed. I use God’s Word to bring perspective instead of simply sharing “my own opinion.” I will customize my presentation to meet the needs of your specific event. My goal is to come along side you in your ministry to the women in your group.
My most requested topics are listed below. (Click on any topic to get more detailed information.) I am available for keynote speaking, workshops, luncheons, seminars or retreats.
what to expect
Here’s what you can expect from me and my team:
- A professionally prepared message delivered with heartfelt passion and intentionality. The message will be tailored to the demographics of your group and the target or theme of your ministry.
- A custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include message highlights, along with links to books, articles, and other resources I believe will be helpful.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- Prompt replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal phone consultation with a member of my team prior to your event, so we can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- My commitment to pray over your leaders, the ladies attending and the event so that God can begin stirring in their hearts long before we meet face-to-face.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event with someone on my team, to make sure I met your expectations. (I also want to know how you think I can improve.)
a little about me
For 25 years, I have been serving and ministering to women and families. Within the walls of my own home church, I held a variety of leadership positions in marriage, family, children and adult ministries. My connection with so many women over the years, moved me to a place of wanting to dig deep into studying and teaching God’s Word. Of course I still serve in my home church, but my ministry now reaches into other places. Where God calls me, I will go – in hopes of reaching women with the TRUTH and PROMISE of His Word.
My passion is strong for marriage, family and faith. I know, have seen and experienced the power of taking “what we know” and allowing it to “change us” into the women God designed us to be.
I am the author of The Ways of a Warrior Wife Bible Study. This study is a guide through the Old and New Testament; it prompts women to read The Word for themselves and then apply it in a personal way within the context of their marriage. God designed marriage and so, as women of faith, we need to look to Him for guidance and perspective. My second study, Closer, will be released in the fall of 2017.
I am the founder of 1 Step Closer Ministries – a ministry designed to equip and encourage women to slow their place and draw near to Christ. We provide daily encouragement, Bible Study tools, local retreats, and on location retreats.
I am married to my God-picked husband, Jarrett. I’m blessed to be called “mom” by my four beautifully unique children – ages 5 to 21! (Yes! I know that is a big span.) From kindergarten to grad school – my kids keep my world exciting. I homeschool my kids, assist my husband in his home-based business, and run 1StepCloser Ministries all from the comfort of my cozy home in La Quinta, CA. I enjoy camping, gardening, and digital scrapbooking. I have learned THROUGH my crazy, FULL life that I (just like you) need Jesus IN ALL THINGS.