Day 22 – My God Is… Summer Bible Challenge
Today’s Reading: Nehemiah 1:1-3:14, 1 Corinthians 7:1-24, Psalm 31:19-24, Proverbs 21:4 (Click here to read today’s passages online.)
*If you are joining us new today, please take a moment to watch this video. It will help you understand the heart behind our Summer Bible Challenge. We would love for you to join in with us as we fellowship over the Word.
When I was in high school, I was a cheerleader. I have to admit, I loved every moment of it. Standing before hundreds of people, I would proclaim my support and my enthusiasm for all to hear. This morning I was reminded of that time in my life as I picked my “V” word to describe God.
My God Is… Victory!
In our reading today, we hear these wonderful truths:
…You are now free in the Lord (1 Corinthians 7:22)
How great is the goodness you have stored up for those who fear you, You lavish it on those who come to you, You hide them, You shelter them. (Psalm 31)
Praise the Lord, for He has shown the wonders of unfailing love, He kept me safe. (Psalm 31)
Love the Lord, for the Lord protects those who are loyal to him. (Psalm 31:23)
So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord. (Psalm 31:24)
Jesus Christ is freedom. He gives victory. He protects. He is good. He is unfailing. And, that is something to cheer about. Today, I want to set my heart to remember the ways He brings victory right into the center of my life.
- V – My God is Victory in my life. – But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57
- I – He is victory in my Insecurities. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
- C – Christ is victory in my Concerns. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
- T – My God Is victory in my Trials. I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. John 16:33
- O – Christ brings victory when I am Overwhelmed. Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your soul. Matthew 11:28-29
- R – Jesus Reaches into my past and brings victory to my soul. Yet God, in his grace, freely makes us right in his sight. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins. Romans 3:24
- Y – He proclaims victory in our hearts when He says, “Yes, You are mine!” Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. Isaiah 43:1
Today, I want to remember that enthusiasm that bubbled up inside of me when I was younger. I want to live in a way that proclaims and exclaims my joy and my pride in Christ. He has given me victory. He continues to give me victory. His victory last forever – it doesn’t fade away. And, that my sweet friend, is something to cheer about!
I encourage you to grab your journal today – write out that V-I-C-T-O-R-Y. Proclaim His goodness in your own life. Let your words of praise and thankfulness be heard today. Write them down. Remember them. Be reminded of His hand in your life.
My prayer for us today,
Father God, THANK YOU for paying the price for me. Thank You that You are strong. Thank You that You are faithful. Thank You of never giving up on me. Thank You for continuing to fight for me. Thank You, God, that You are for me. Help me to live a life that shouts about Your goodness, Your faithfulness and Your strength. Let the way I live be an undeniable praise to You! AMEN.
© 2016 Debbi Garcia